There are a few things I find it almost impossible to get through a workday without:
- The Internet: This seems so obvious that it almost feels like cheating to include it. SDK documentation, SDK bugs that are not in the documentation, algorithms, computing language tricks, example code, security alerts, third party libraries… And, for break time, everything else.
- A good pair of headphones: Music, binaural beats, pink noise, phone calls, Google hangouts… Many days, I spend more time with the phones on my head than off.
- A zipper-front hoodie: I’m sensitive to temperature when I’m working. There’s a lot of benefit in being able to regulate my insulation.
- The Dvorak keyboard layout: 60% less finger travel. QWERTY is so 19th century.
- A door that I can close: ‘Nuff said.